Concept by: Sheila Corwin
This ELT course has been created for experienced English language teachers who want to update their language teaching skills and meet other English (and other) language teaching professionals from around Europe.
Course participants will engage in effective student-centered teaching methods through meaningful and interactive tasks with the intention of developing their current knowledge and language teaching practices. They will also collaborate and share different teaching experiences and create their own activities.
Emphasis will be placed on Communicative Language Teaching (CLT), Task Based Learning (TBL), Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), and Content Based Instruction (CBI). Participants will also engage in and learn more about using authentic materials while integrating all four skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) in their English language learning classroom. Finally, ELT course participants will gain a deeper understanding of student versus teacher roles, contextualized grammar teaching, pronunciation activities, and become more effective in dealing with classroom management issues such as error correction and the providing of useful feedback.
By the end of the course participants will have learned how to maintain student motivation and how to create and sustain an effective and stimulating learning environment. Teachers will also be given ideas for continuing their own professional development after the course.
This course will help the participants to:
- Feel more confident, creative, and inspired in their classroom;
- Involve their learners through a variety of tasks that encourage active participation and engagement from everyone in class;
- Gain useful skills for creating an effective (and fun) learning environment when teaching both content and language;
- Discover new formulas and tips for maintaining student motivation in language learning.
- Language Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs;
- Language Teacher Trainers;
- Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools.
Head teacher of Languages Courses: Sheila Corwin
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.