In a time when addressing global challenges necessitates collaborative efforts, schools, and educators assume a crucial role in shaping well-informed and socially responsible global citizens.
This course is designed to empower educators with the tools and knowledge needed to integrate the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into impactful school projects.
Participants will first gain a comprehensive understanding of the social development sector and the 2030 SDGs, unraveling their significance and practical implications.
The course then delves into the concept and application of Global Citizenship Education, exploring different ways to cultivate a sense of global responsibility among students.
Furthermore, through practical guidance, participants will learn to structure project-based learning (PBL) project plans specifically designed to foster Global Citizenship Education and actively contribute to the achievement of the global SDGs.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to translate global priorities into meaningful, project-based learning experiences that inspire students to become agents of positive change on a global scale.
The course will help the participants to:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the social development sector and of the 2030 SDGs and their function;
- Exploring the concept and application of Global Citizenship Education;
- Structuring a PBL project plan to foster Global Citizenship Education and contribute to the SDGs in the school.
Day 1 – Course introduction and introduction to the social development sector
- Introduction to the course, the city, and the cultural activity;
- Warm-up activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools;
- Introduction to the social development sector.
Day 2 – Sustainable development goals (SDGs) and initiatives
- What are the SDGs and what is their function;
- Examples of SDGs-driven initiatives from different sectors around the world.
Day 3 – Introducing Global Citizenship Education in schools
- What is Global Citizenship Education (GCE);
- How to foster GCE in schools.
Day 4 – Project-based learning (PBL) and its Golden Standard
- What is PBL;
- What is the PBL Gold Standard;
- Analysis of PBL case studies.
Day 5 – Drafting a PBL project plan
- Creation of a project plan to foster GCE and contribute to the SDGs.
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.