Concept by: Petra Candida Mundy
This course has been created for teachers who deliver Physical Education classes through the medium of the English language, or for those who would like to learn how to do so.
Teachers will learn more about the methodology involved in CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) through practical demonstration, reflection and case scenarios, which encourage discussion and resolution of the most common dilemmas of bilingual education. Through interactive and engaging activities participants will learn how to focus on both language and content goals, boost motivation, establish rules, provide clear instructions, monitor, develop rapport and incorporate communicative pair, group and team work into P.E. lessons.
In addition, the course will include discussion of what exactly a Flipped Classroom is and how this new teaching method can be put to use. Teachers will also become more familiar with Project and Task Based Learning. Finally, assessment and evaluation will be addressed: What, when and how to evaluate both content and language in immersion scenarios.
|The course will help the participants to understand how to:|
- Manage bilingual classes by effectively implementing CLIL methodology;
- Deliver high level content with low level English language skills
- Give clear instructions, organize pair and group work, and develop positive relationships; when English is not the preferred language.
- Motivate learners to communicate through English whilst taking part in sporting activities
- Organize and plan for a Flipped Classroom experience;
- Assess students on physical, emotional and language skills and provide fair and meaningful feedback
- Physical Education Teachers
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
- Headteachers, principals and managers of schools.
Head teacher of Languages Courses: Sheila Corwin
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.