This German language and culture course is designed for elementary-level learners and offers a unique opportunity for a complete immersion in authentic German language and culture, surpassing the boundaries of the traditional classroom setting.
It will provide you with practical experience by allowing you to take on the role of a student and observe innovative teaching methodologies.
Throughout the course, you will actively participate in language classes also focused on German culture. These language classes comprise 25 hours of morning sessions that are customized to your current language proficiency.
Additionally, you will engage in cultural activities, guided tours, and excursions to deepen your understanding of German culture.
By the end of the course, you will have gained a deeper insight into both the German language and culture through hands-on experiences and guidance from experienced educators.
The course will help the participants to:
- Improve their German language skills (speaking, writing, listening, and reading);
- Gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of German culture;
- Experience learning activities that engage all language skills in the classroom;
- Enhance their teaching skills by reflecting on their profession and comparing different teaching practices.
Day 1 – Course introduction & setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools;
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations.
Day 2, 3, 4 & 5 – Elementary German grammar and conversation
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.