The rise of 3D modeling has improved design, making it more efficient. It not only facilitates easier visualization and planning of spaces for designers and users but also enhances the accuracy of the results.
Additionally, it enables designers and engineers to explore various ideas and identify potential issues at an early stage.
Understanding how this technology is revolutionizing design and its applications in classrooms and beyond is becoming essential.
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to 3D Design, 3D Printing, 3D Scanning, CNC Laser Engraving, and Cutting, equipping students and educators to grasp the future of design.
In this course, participants will discover how 3D Printing is transforming manufacturing, from creating prototypes and spare parts for machines, toys, and houses to producing specialized items like prosthetic limbs.
They will also delve into 3D Scanning, allowing them to convert physical objects into digital models, a groundbreaking tool for design and production.
By the end of the course, participants will have learned the fundamentals of CNC Laser Engraving and Cutting, enabling them to add intricate designs to materials or cut them with high precision.
Whether they are crafting personalized gifts or complex objects, these tools offer exciting possibilities.
The course will help participants to:
- Understand the foundational concepts of 3D Design and Printing;
- Develop skills to create models using Tinkercad;
- Achieve proficiency in intricate design methodologies with Onshape;
- Master the techniques for preparing digital models for 3D Printing;
- Gain practical experience in executing 3D Printing;
- Comprehend the principles and utility of 3D Scanning;
- Grasp the core concepts of CNC Laser Cutting;
- Learn Laser Engraving methods;
- Familiarise with the functionalities and applications of Slicing Software and Gcode.
Day 1 – Introduction to 3D printing and scanning
- Introduction to the 3D Printing Fundamentals;
- Exploring the world of 3D Scanning;
- Getting started with TinkerCad.
Day 2 – Introduction to 3D design
- Detailed look into TinkerCad’s features;
- Understanding the foundational layers of 3D Printing;
- Design and 3D print of name tags;
- 3D Scanning in action.
Day 3 – Advanced 3D design
- Transition to Onshape;
- Familiarisation with Onshape’s diverse tools;
- Kickstarting design projects in Onshape.
Day 4 – Laser cutting and engraving fundamentals
- Advancing skills in Onshape;
- CNC Laser Cutting and Engraving;
- Various applications of diverse 3D designs.
Day 5 – Advanced laser engraving
- Building complex 3D models;
- Perfecting CNC Laser Engraving techniques.
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.