A 1 Week ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course about developing your own APP and Website. Available in Florence and Dublin
SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: ADVANCED
The course has been created for teachers and school staff interested in learning how to build websites & Apps using an easy drag and drop visual programming tool that doesn’t require them to write code.
The tool would become an opportunity for the participants to learn how to build an app or a website, as well as to engage with their students in the amazing adventure of building software.
Using ICT solutions such as a course App as well as teaching the students to build their own App, can have a positive impact on students’ motivation to learn, and can help teachers to stimulate skills in their students such as creativity, entrepreneurship and a developed interest in the set school tasks in general.
During the course, participants will learn by doing and will be guided step by step through the interface of the application to familiarise themselves with the tool first and then to build an app or website. In such a way, they will take part in all the different phases of the development process. Students are passively using applications / softwares without clearly understanding what is their underlying logic. With this course they will acquire the basic tools to move from a passive use of the software to the design of it, learning the elements and fundamental logic of software creation, passing from passive users to active developers! This course is providing the participants with a powerful tool as it unlocks their potential in the IT world.
By the end of the course, participants will have acquired the basic knowledge to build an App/website and will have learnt step by step how to introduce their students to visual programming that can be used for different school and teaching activities. Participants will be able to deliver their students the fascinating opportunity to learn the fundamental principles of building an App.
Guided city tours and a one-day excursion will also be part of the programme.
Find out our upcoming confirmed courses here
Follow our activities on our Facebook Page
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs; Teacher trainers; Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors; Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools;
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 1 week, Mon - Fri;
- Next dates 2018: 15 - 20 October; 19 - 24 November; 17 - 22 December;
- Set Dates 2019: 14 - 19 January; 11 - 16 February; 11 - 16 March; 8 - 13 April; 13 - 18 May; 10 - 15 June; 8 - 13 July; 12 - 17 August; 9 - 14 September; 14 - 19 October; 11 - 16 November; 9 - 14 December;
- Cultural activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 480,00
course details - Dublin
- Length of the course: 1 week (Mon - Sat);
- Next Dates 2018: 10 - 15 December;
- Set Dates 2019: 8 - 13 April; 6 - 11 May; 3 - 8 June; 1 - 6 July; 15 - 20 July; 5 - 10 August; 2 - 7 September;
- Cultural activities included: Dublin Guided Tour and 1 day Excursion in Ireland (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 480,00