A 2 week ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course available in Florence
SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: ADVANCED
The 2-week course has been created for teachers interested in learning how to build a basic app of their own, whilst also gaining an introduction to coding and robotics with an Arduino.
Participants will discover the process of designing an app using intuitive, uncomplicated software, making it easy to understand the logic behind the code and allowing them to learn progressively from simple levels to more complex stages. The tool will aid teachers in sharing with their students the rewarding adventure of designing apps with educational purposes, making lessons more motivating, appealing and adapted to the needs of the 21st century. Along the way the apps will help teachers stimulate various skills in their students such as creativity, entrepreneurship and a developed interest in the set school tasks in general.
As teachers pass on their knowledge to their students, they will acquire the basic tools to move from a standard passive use of app software to the designing of it, learning the elements and fundamental logic of software creation, and becoming active developers!
In the Arduino part of the course, participants will understand the value and importance of learning a coding language, through an introduction to Arduino software. The software is user-friendly, innovative and easy to understand, making it an enjoyable way to start learning more about electronics and robotics. Participants will gain the knowledge required to be able to write a simple program in C++ with GNU Compiler, and transform a physical input into a digital input and analyze it. Throughout the course participants will work to create their own complete Arduino project, from the beginning to the end.
Guided city tours and 1 full day cultural excursion (usually on the first Saturday) will also be part of the programme.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Understanding basic programming concepts and the underlying logic.
- Acquire specific modular visual programming skills delivered through content units.
- Being aware of the possible problems that an App could solve, and how to apply it in an educational setting.
- Learning how to use MIT App Inventor platform at a proficiency level, discovering its possibilities and future application.
- Acquiring a proficiency level to design different type of Apps from a simple to a more complex level, using the tools offered by MIT App Inventor.
- Integrating the use of Apps in your lessons.
- Understanding the benefits of using ICTs at school to engage students throughout their learning process.
- Learning about C++ language and understanding its basic concepts.
- Understanding the function of electronic sensors and components.
- Learning to build your own led circuit.
- Planning and designing innovative and fun tools for educationom;
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs); - Teacher trainers; - Headteachers; principals; managers of schools
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 2 weeks;
- Set Dates 2019: The course will start the second Monday of each Month;
- Cultural activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 820,00