An ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course available in Florence.
This Erasmus+ course has been created for teachers who want to learn more about managing an effective and up to date classroom that encourages participation and engaged learning using the latest techniques.
The first week will provide participants with thorough expertise about how to promote a student-centred learning environment. Student-centred methods sustain both students’ autonomy and cooperation. They also facilitate short and long-term memory, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, self-confidence and motivation.
During the second week of the course, participants will focus on how audio-visual tools can support students and teachers’ involvement: participants will actively learn how to manage audio-visual resources (photos, movies, music clips, documentaries, new videos...) to teach their subjects in a more effective way.
By the end of the course, participants will take away ideas about practical, innovative solution to apply in their classrooms: the Flipped Classroom, Project-Based Learning, Problem-Based Learning, Case-Based Instruction, Discovery Learning, Photo and Video management, creation of Video projects for educational purposes (writing scripts, shooting, editing, dubbing and adding subtitles).
Course Learning Outcomes
- Choosing practical solutions to encourage students to solve problems, formulate complex questions, debate, explain and brainstorm during class;
- Managing and evaluating team-work while students are involved in cooperative projects and problem-solving tasks;
- Supporting students in facing challenges and in learning by doing;
- Theoretical knowledge and practical skills about new methods such as: the Flipped Classroom, Project-Based Learning, Problem-Based Learning, Case-Based Instruction, Discovery Learning;
- Knowing how to manage students’ team work to create a script and a video;
- Being familiar with basic techniques for video-shooting;
- Acquiring skills to editing photos and videos;
- Knowing how to dub and to add subtitles in a creative manner using web tools.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs); - Teacher trainers; Careers officers, - Headteachers; principals; managers of schools.
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 2 weeks: Mon - Fri
- Number of participants: max. 10;
- Next Dates 2018: 26 November - 07 December.
- Set Dates 2019: 28 January - 8 February; 25 Feb - 8 March; 25 March - 5 April; 27 May - 7 June; 24 June - 5 July; 26 August - 6 September; 28 October - 8 November; 25 November - 6 December;
- Cultural activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 820,00
course details - Dublin
- Length of the course: 1 week, Mon - Sat;
- Set Dates 2019: 14 - 25 January; 11 - 22 February; 11 - 22 March; 8 - 19 April; 13 - 24 May; 10 - 21 June; 8 - 19 July; 12 - 23 August; 9 - 20 September; 14 - 25 October; 11 - 22 November; 9 - 20 December;
- Cultural activities included: Dublin Guided Tour and 1 day Excursion in Ireland (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 480,00