A 1 Week ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course within the framework of the ERASMUS+ Program in collaboration with www.tesoldrama.org/
In this course, participants learn how Drama in Education practices enrich the teaching and learning of English (TESOL) and other language pedagogies by advancing fluency, helping students to embody language meaning: through movement, mirroring and emotional catharsis; which result in the acceleration of communication skills.
Teachers will learn dramatic activities that can be modified and integrated into lesson plans for any language, level, age or cultural population. Together, we will utilize the Actor’s Toolbox (Body, Voice, Imagination, Concentration, and Cooperation) to practice and design activities based on the four components of language learning: Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing.
Each day we will identify specific learning objectives, and then engage in dramatic activities, games, and improvisational exercises. Participants are guided through collaborative group projects where everyone will learn how to write and devise scenes, monologues, short plays, and lesson plans by applying the drama methodologies practiced. The practical application and integration of drama into the language classroom will motivate forums for reflection, analysis, discussion, and transformation as we address each day’s focus questions and fulfill individually identified goals.
Guided city tours and an excursion will also be part of the programme.
Find out our upcoming confirmed courses here;
Course Learning Outcomes:
• Integrate drama into the language classroom, curriculum, and beyond.
• Designed more imaginative and engaging lesson plans aimed to achieve language learning objectives.
• Create a safe “ensemble” environment that will fine-tune group dynamics and energize collaborative group projects.
• Improve cross-cultural tensions, language barriers and student-teacher communication.
• Enhance the learning of languages with fun tools for advancing fluency by actively increasing self-confidence and expression.
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs; Teacher trainers; Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors; Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools
- Length of the course: 1 week Mon -Sat;
- Course Schedule: 9:00 - 14:00 (first turn) or 14:00 - 19:00 (second turn)
- Number of participants: max. 14;
- Cultural activities included: City Guided Tour and 1 day Excursion;
- Price: € 480,00