“Be the change you want to see in the world” (Mahatma Gandhi) is an incredible definition of the mentoring process. Imagine if you could sit down with your future self and ask for advice. You could have some valuable knowledge to share with your current self that would really prepare for what’s to come.
Leadership Mentoring is like holding up a mirror in front of your mentees, helping them recognize their functional or dysfunctional emotions and feelings in a natural manner, enabling them to become aware of and to address their actions and behaviours. A good mentor will know how to draw a mentee out of his comfort zone into more leadership oriented environments and scenarios.
Mentoring is not the same concept as coaching. Mentoring is concerned with the development of the whole person and mentors are focused to provide individual support, growth and maturity to mentees in order to attain their own work/life goals. Mentoring has a positive effect on one’s essential and hard skills and it facilitates socialisation.
This course is addressed to teachers, trainers, educational and academic managers, school managers, who aim to understand and enable natural and valuable communication environments and relationships with their students, trainees or inside the organization. This course will equip the participants with several situational and transformational leadership tools, enabling them to improve their communicational style.
The course is based on several study cases.
|The course will help the participants to:|
- Develop assertiveness, self-awareness and self-confidence;
- Manage and preventing conflict in training environments;
- Apply transactional and transformational leadership in training environments, the principles of transactional analyses and cognitive-behavioral schema and situational leadership in training environments;
- Promote problem-solving contexts and attitudes;
- Manage reverse mentoring and delegation.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Careers officers, educational guides and counselors; Headteachers;
- Principals; Managers of schools.
- Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools.
Head teacher of School Innovation Courses: Alessandro Pumpo
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.