The course has been created for English language teachers and teachers of other foreign languages, who want to incorporate more creative language teaching methods in their classrooms and share their knowledges and experiences with other language teachers from around Europe.
Participants will incorporate Communicative Language Teaching (CLT), Task Based Learning, Content Integrated Language Learning (CLIL), and authentic materials integrating all four skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking) in creative ways.
There will also be a focus on how storytelling, movie-making, drama and class publications can enhance language lessons and make classroom activities more interesting and fun. Teachers will also learn more about learning through specific contexts, student versus teacher roles, classroom management, and reflective teaching practice.
By the end of the course participants will have learned how to maintain student motivation and how to create and maintain an effective and stimulating learning environment in the classroom.
Participants to the course will learn to:
- Teaching English to foreigners;
- Knowledge about students’ learning styles and ability to adapt teaching accordingly;
- Mapping techniques, visual thinking, visual teaching strategies and creative thinking;
- Planning lessons using innovative methods;
- Evaluating complex competences: teacher-, peer- and auto-assessment;
- Searching, adapting and manipulating visual resources as a means to develop high-order skills;
- Managing ICT tools in Education: quizzes and serious games, classroom management platforms, online portfolios.
- Language teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Language teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counselors;
- Managers of schools/organisations offering language education.
Head teacher of Languages Courses: Sheila Corwin
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.