SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY LEVEL: BASIC
The course has been created for teachers who wish to learn more about the use of information and communication technology in their classrooms.
Participants will get involved in small practical group tasks exemplifying how to incorporate technology into their lessons in order to be more effective and enjoyable. Emphasis will be placed on the most popular social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), as well as on modern platforms such as Vine, Youtube, Prezi, Google apps. Edmodo, Moodle and others. Teachers will also learn about safe use of social media, student versus teacher roles and digital classroom management.
Social media and web platforms support networking and offer Web 2.0 tools that enable users to share their work, form groups, use free up-to-date resources and apps, cooperate and interact, which enhances students (and teachers)’ engagement and satisfaction in learning and teaching.
Participants to the course will learn to:
- Use different Social in the classroom: managing groups, interacting, communicating, sharing materials;
- Make a search easier, create playlist about different topics, share and embed videos and playlists;
- Manage a virtual classroom, send assignments, search and share useful materials, communicate with students and parents;
- Propose tasks and exercises through Social Media;
- Understand ethical issues and the skills needed to manage privacy settings for a safe use of Social Media.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of ICT Courses: Iacopo Falciani
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.