Concept by: Marta Mandolini
PLEASE NOTE: this course is only about off-line games!!
This course takes inspiration from observations, discussions and polls that have been conducted throughout our teacher training courses in the last three years with teachers from all around Europe and beyond. When asked, most teachers show small satisfaction with playtime and downtime, both in the quality and the quantity.
Playtime is the time we spend in new activities where we can experiment with a new part of ourselves, empower cognitive and social skills, and have fun. Downtime is the time we use to do “nothing” …. Or better said, to actually recharge our batteries and to be ready for upcoming challenges and tasks!
Playtime and downtime can offer a sense of engagement and pleasure, allowing then people to feel spontaneous and energetic, and empower their problem solving and resilience skills. Also, providing our minds with these time dimensions can speed up learning, enhance productivity, cooperation and job satisfaction.
School-life balance is not an utopía, if we put our body, our heart and our mind into something which is natural for small children and slowly abandoned as we grow up: having fun and rest, reconnecting with our spontaneous inner child, which still is available and ready to play and rest if we only give it a chance.
The course is dedicated to teachers, school staff and school managers who work with students of all ages, since play and down time are accessible at any age.
|The course will help the participants to:|
- Allow yourself to downtime and playtime, while coping with resistances, rumination, negative self-talk, perfectionism, and reconnect with your inner child.
- Use humor and positive coping strategies against tiredness and stress.
- Access downtime, experiment and learn how to use antistress techniques by yourself and students through mindfulness and Autogenic training practices.
- Experiment and implement outdoor and indoor games (on the beach, in nature, in the school)to have fun and increase creativity, empathy, self-expression and collaboration
- Be ready to go back to school with plenty of energy so that you can share and inspire your colleagues, and better connect with your students!
- Understand theory on Psychology of time to perform good and feel Good, interiorizing the connection of play and downtime with wellbeing and performance – implement activities and make a plan that integrates playtime and downtime in your teaching practice but also in your private life.
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs;
- Teacher trainers;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of school innovation courses: Alessandro Pumpo
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.