Concept by: Anita Daru
This course is created for teachers who want to learn more about temperaments and personality traits in an effective class. Through students’ personalities – teachers can discover students’ needs and stress factors in class. The course will look at personality-centric differentiation, the learning- and teaching styles, the teacher-students match, the reflective student, and reflective teacher. Participants will discover how to raise reflective behavior and to develop soft skills.
By the end of the course, participants will not only have learned about personality-centered classroom but they will try good practices and take away innovative solutions that they can apply in their classrooms.
The course will help the participants to:
- Use personality traits in the teaching and learning process;
- Discover personality traits and needs is the class;
- Choose optimal differentiation and task management in the classroom;
- Raise students’ self-esteem to be successful in class;
- Develop soft skills (communication, problem-solving, decision making, teamwork, adaptability, critical thinking, and creativity);
The schedule describes likely activities but may differ significantly based on the requests of the participants, and the trainer delivering the specific session. Course modifications are subject to the trainer’s discretion. If you would like to discuss a specific topic, please indicate it at least 4 weeks in advance.
Day 1 – Course introduction
- Introduction of temperaments and discover participants’ personality traits.
Day 2 – Stress and methods of teaching
- Stress factors and needs in class;
- Learning and teaching styles;
- Personality-based differentiation.
Day 3 – Reflective behaviour
- Reflective student and reflective teacher;
- Taxonomies to raise reflective behaviour.
Day 4 – Soft skill development
- Hard skills and softs skills;
- Personality and soft skills;
- Develop soft skills: communication, problem solving, decision making, teamwork, adaptability, critical thinking and creativity.
Day 5 – Classroom management & course closure
- Class management and personality;
- Pair-work, Group work, Skill-swap, Cooperative method, Presentation, Video presentation;
- Conclusion and Certificates of Attendance.
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
Day 6 – Excursion
Excursion and other external cultural activities.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult,);
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers,
- Educational guides.