As educators in the 21st Century, no matter how much experience we have in teaching we face new challenges in the classroom and school.
Children and parents expect teachers to be able to take on new roles as experts who teach and facilitate personal growth. More than that, new media and technology are conditioning teachers’ roles by challenging them to create innovative and transformative activities in order to find new solutions for effective learning and teaching. In addition to all these requests, classroom management and bullying requires a complete set of skills which demand the teacher to assume new roles and to adapt to the needs of the new generations of students in the classroom.
This course offers the opportunity to share and handle common situations in which the teacher must face new challenges and focus on soft skills in teaching and class management.
By attending this course, you will have the opportunity to find solutions to better face new challenges brought by changing environments, cultural differences and technology and help you to discover the resources to handle them in order to be a complex teacher and classroom manager.
• Get an overview of the most important new challenges that teachers face in this century;
• Improve the ability to update the pedagogical tools, competences and knowledge as a modern teacher;
• Have the chance to find together common challenging situations and ways to work them out;
• Managing and preventing conflicts and learning how to build self-confidence and tolerance;
• Improve strategies and responses to incidents of different types of conflicts and help avoid any occurrence;
• Exchange good practices and discuss challenges with participants and the course trainers;
• Helping to find together new techniques to incorporate diversity and inclusion in the classroom;
• Helps prevent and fight bullying in the school;
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs;
- Teacher trainers;
- Headteachers;Principals; Managers of schools.