Concept by: David Baroni
Are you an enterprising teacher? Are you a curious student? This course is for you!
The Italian Language and Culture course will give you the chance to taste real Italian language and to dive into Italian culture, beyond academic versions or stereotypes.
The course will bring a gust of fresh air in your profession: by stepping into a student’s shoes, you will observe new methods and critically reassess your professional attitudes.
You will have the opportunity to attend language courses and seminars about Italian culture. The former include 20 hours morning sessions tailored to your language competences and needs: you can start your exploration with us if you are a beginner or you can dig deeper into the most problematic and interesting issues if your level is advanced. In the afternoon, you will take part in cultural activities, guided tours and excursions about Italian Culture.
By the end of this course, you will have expanded your knowledge about Italian language and culture by observing and absorbing authentic communication practices directly on the spot, supported by local professional tutors. Your school-kit will be enriched with new tools to teach: you will be able to reflect on your profession in a more critical, productive and enthusiastic way, to compare different learning and teaching practices and to choose the one that best fits your inclinations.
The course will help the participants to:
- Become more comfortable with teaching their courses in Italian to non-native speakers of Italian;
- Learn techniques and new skills for teaching their academic content in Italian;
- Become better equipped to develop and incorporate activities that involve the four basic skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) into their classrooms;
- Learn about the local culture.
Extra curricular activities
This course includes these activities:
- 3 City Guided Tours
- 1 Cooking Class
- 1 day Excursion in Tuscany (course in Florence) or in Veneto (course in Verona).
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
- Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
Head teacher of Languages Courses: Sheila Corwin
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.