Are you a teacher looking to strengthen your Classroom Management skills? Do you need some practice communicating in English? Then this combo-course is for you!
In the first week, you’ll practice and improve upon your English language skills in an Intensive English course, tailored to your language level. Then in the second week, you’ll complete your teacher training in Classroom Management.
Week 1: intensive English (levels A2, B1, or B2)
20 hours of lessons with a group of other teachers and students, to prepare you for active participation in the following week’s teacher training.
Week 2: classroom management
Through teacher observation and analysis of case scenarios, together with other course participants, you’ll review strategies for facilitating class discussions and for resolving conflicts.
Understand the benefits of establishing clear classroom rules early on in the school year. Discover creative ways in which to boost your students’ motivation, such as incorporating pair and group work into lessons. Then consider how to invite students to reflect upon their own classroom behavior, and begin to develop stronger rapport with your students and their parents or caregivers.
In addition, you’ll learn about the Flipped Classroom approach to teaching and learning, as well as Project and Task-Based Learning methodologies. Finally, consider how to effectively assess student portfolios, quizzes, exams, presentations, and class participation.
By the end of the two weeks, you will have gained confidence in your English language skills as well as your control of the classroom. You’ll return to your classroom with new tools for encouraging positive communication among students and with you, their teacher.
Understand how to:
- Manage a classroom effectively by establishing rules with logical consequences;
- Deal with difficult behaviors through collaborative solutions;
- Give clear instructions, organize pair and group work, and promote positive relationships;
- Motivate learners and invite them to reflect on their behavior;
- Organize and plan a Flipped Classroom experience;
- Assess students’ progress and provide feedback using portfolios, rubrics, and other evaluation tools.