We have designed the Europass Diploma “ICT Expert Teacher” for instructors who wish to take advantage of Information and Communications Technologies in their classrooms. In fact, today’s digital revolution has deeply changed individuals’ ways of accessing information as well as their learning strategies. On the one hand, today’s men and women are used to scanning incredibly vast collections of data and sources, exploiting many different resources to find relevant answers to their epistemic needs. On the other hand, learning has turned into a process where individuals actively construct their knowledge based on their personal interests and motivations rather than passively following external guidance.
The Europass Diploma for the ICT Expert Teacher will allow you to gain a deep understanding of these changes as well as give you effective training to master them. In particular, it will increase your ability to:
- Use digital devices such as smartphones and tablets in your classroom;
- Stimulate autonomous and collaborative study through game-based learning;
- Design different types of apps for mobile phones and tablets;
- Effectively produce photos, videos and audiovisuals for your teaching;
- Master specific platforms (e.g., Moodle, Google Drive), and software (e.g., Microsoft) for educational purposes;
- Employ different ICT tools to manage a virtual classroom, send assignments, and communicate with students and parents;
- Teach how to use social media to understand the world and express one’s talents.
By achieving this diploma, technology will no longer be an enemy in your everyday professional life. You will feel ready to incorporate useful technology into your teaching and design tools that can make learning easier and more pleasant for students.
- Length: 4 weeks, 100 hours of lessons;
- Price: 1400€;
- Location: Barcelona, Berlin, Dublin, and Florence;
- Dates: on request;
- 1-month study program with a weekly assessment of the learning progress.
- Yearly subscription to all Europass Teacher Academy Online self-paced courses;
- Weekly cultural activities.
- Europass Diploma awarded at the end of the training, reporting the modules studied and the trainee’s final mark;
- Certification of the learning outcomes according to the standards of the Europass Certificate Supplement;
- Certification of the learning outcomes according to the standards of the European Credit system for Vocational Education and Training (ECVET).
What are the Europass’ Diplomas?
While our one-week courses usually focus on specific topics and methodologies, the Europass Diploma is awarded after a one-month-long training course. In this time, participants will tackle the challenges and needs that they come across in their daily work, and master a whole set of strategies to manage them more successfully. By the end of the Diploma, they will have turned into real experts in the field selected for their training.
Because of the depth of the certified competence, taking a Europass Diploma is more demanding than following our one-week courses. While these simply provide a Certificate of Attendance, the Europass Diploma will assess the trainees’ individual learning at the end of each week, and award a final Certificate reporting their final mark. Good teachers are also curious students: are you ready to take up the challenge?