This German Language and Culture course in Berlin is perfect for enterprising teachers and curious students alike! Immerse yourself in the German language and culture beyond just academic versions and stereotypes.
By participating in this course, you’ll step into the shoes of a student and have the opportunity to observe new teaching methods, critically reassess your professional attitudes, and learn from local professional tutors.
The course includes 20 hours of morning language classes tailored to your level and needs, whether you’re a beginner or an advanced speaker. In the afternoons, engage in cultural activities, guided tours, and excursions to fully immerse yourself in the German culture.
By the end of the course, you will have gained a deeper understanding of the German language and culture, and have new tools to bring back to your classroom. You will be able to reflect on your profession in a more critical, productive, and enthusiastic way, compare different learning and teaching practices, and choose the one that best suits your inclinations.
The course will help the participants to:
- Improve fluency and accuracy in German language;
- Learn about German culture;
- Acquire direct experience with activities that involve the four basic skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) in the classroom;
- Observe and absorb authentic German communication practices;
- Reflect on teaching profession in a more critical, productive, and enthusiastic way;
- Compare different learning and teaching practices;
- Enhance school-kit with new tools to teach.
Day 1 – Course introduction & setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools;
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations.
Day 2, 3, 4 & 5 – German grammar and conversation
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.