Concept by: Petra Mundi
Schools tend to be noisy places. 30% of teachers have problems with their voices, causing discomfort, sick leave or even premature retirement. A single millimetre of body realignment can bring about an obvious and immediate improvement in the resonance of your voice; minor adjustments to classroom elements can have a major effect on acoustics, yet many university teacher-training programmes neglect to include this vital area in their curriculum.
This dynamic and interactive course offers basic training in improving classroom acoustics, voice projection, articulation, rhythm and alignment. Beyond the physics and anatomy of sound, it also suggests techniques which involve active listening, raising hearing above all the other senses, training your critical ear, creating a sound landscape, building silence into schools, combating background noise and many other practical features which investigate the effect sound, noise and silence have on your teaching and your students. You will be encouraged to practice your breathing, intonation and posture to protect your most precious instrument, your voice, and use sound and silence to increase motivation and make your classroom interventions audible, effective, healthy and sustainable.
|The course will help the participants to understand how to:|
- Hold your body to improve the quality of your voice
- Improve the acoustics of your working space
- Use intonation, rhythm and volume to improve audibility
- Project your voice and use silence to increase effectivity
- Use sound in lesson planning and evaluation
- Coach your learners’ voices
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs;
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
- Headteachers, principals and managers of schools.
Head teacher of Arts and Wellbeing Courses: Susan Gagliano
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.