Concept by: Sheila Corwin
This course has been created for academic subject, language, and other teachers who want to find out more about the variety of ways that reading, writing, listening, and speaking activities can be planned, created, and administered in their classrooms. It has also been designed for teachers who would like to learn more about Italy while developing their own skills in using the English language.
Course participants will be exposed to the use of real world texts and acquire new skills in engaging learners with interactive activities that include both input and output in individual, pair, group, team, and whole class participation.
Course content (listening and reading) will focus on Italy and five of its most visited cities Palermo, Naples, Rome, Milan, and Venice.
By the end of the course, teachers will have put themselves in their students shoes and obtained important insight into the practice of both teaching and learning. There will also be time during the course for reflection, discussion, and the sharing of best practices. Teachers will come away with new ways to get the most out of teaching and integrating the four skills into their lessons while getting a deeper understanding of the Italian way of life along with its culture, people, places, history, customs, and food.
|The course will help the participants to:|
- Integrate the four skills into any classroom and school curriculum.
- Design creative and engaging activities aimed to achieve learning objectives.
- Create an interesting classroom environment where learning is done in a fun and safe place.
- Attain knowledge about a new culture and country while learning how to carry out collaborative and communicative activities.
- Enhance learning with new ideas for increasing student interest and motivation by using stimulating materials from the real world.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools.
Head teacher of classroom management courses: Ilaria Barbieri
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.