Concept by: Marta Mandolini
The course takes a contemporary approach to travel and discover a new environment, introducing participants to Experiential Travel as well as Environmental and Tourism Psychology through experiencing the city of Barcelona in a dynamic way.
By bringing our attention, memory, perception, movement and feelings to key aspects of the city, participants will learn how experiencing an environment in an unusual way can be a great tool to maintain their students’ attention and to stimulate their motivation and interest in learning.
Each lesson includes a theoretical section (slides, case presentation, talk) and a practical section (group exercises, personal activities).
Participants will be involved in an active learning process, focusing on personal experience and self-expression, combining cognitive and emotional elements. In this way the learning process is made easier and the course content will be better retained by the participants.
The course will help the participants to:
- Participate in a contemporary approach to travel programming while discovering a new environment;
- Design an appropriate travel program/lessons to facilitate students’ attention, memory, perception, movement and feelings towards new experiences, both abroad and at home.
- Discover how experiential travel can be a strong resource to integrate the objectives of your school into the right travel experience.
- Become aware of the positive effects of a personal and real tourist experience from a holistic/well-being perspective.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of Arts and Wellbeing Courses: Susan Gagliano
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.