Possessing entrepreneurial skills and knowledge of management tools is not only important for business owners. Entrepreneurial skills as teachers help us improve key areas of our domain – classroom management, planning the learning process, bringing the best out of our students and preparing them for the employment market. Furthermore, if we empower students with entrepreneurial skills such as negotiation, leadership, management or presentation, we open them up to many opportunities, because these are all transferable skills which will be beneficial for them whichever career-path they choose to follow.
For these reasons, the key focus of the course is on the development of entrepreneurial skills for teachers, so that the teaching-training process becomes more qualitative and efficient. The other key focus is on empowering teachers with the tools and knowledge to be able to develop their students’ entrepreneurial skills within the classroom and better prepare them for the future.
The course puts emphasis on developing teachers’ entrepreneurial skills and empowers them with methods and tools to give this knowledge further to their students.
The course will help the participants to:
- Know more about the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs and the principles they follow;
- Know about several techniques, tips and methods with the help of which they can increase the entrepreneurial skills of their students;
- Learn about project-based learning and how to involve it within their own classes in order to develop the entrepreneurial skills of students;
- Be able to create a basic business plan;
- Learn about different tools to build a brand and to promote a project;
- Know more about budgeting of a business/project and ways of starting it up and attract funds to boost it.
The schedule describes likely activities but may differ significantly based on the requests of the participants, and the trainer delivering the specific session. Course modifications are subject to the trainer’s discretion. If you would like to discuss a specific topic, please indicate it at least 4 weeks in advance.
Day 1 – Course introduction & Business plan basics
- Ice-breaker activities
- Introduction in the topic of entrepreneurship
Business plan basics
- The basics of creating a business plan
- The principles of entrepreneurship & project-based learning
Day 2 – Entrepreneurial skills
Techniques, tips and methods to increase the entrepreneurial skills of your students within the classroom Brainstorming entrepreneurship project ideas
Day 3 – Online entrepreneurship tools
Workshop: Online entrepreneurship tools for budgeting, planning, evaluation, time & team management
Day 4 – Tools for branding & marketing
Workshop: Online entrepreneurship tools for branding & marketing City tour
Day 5 – Presentations & Course closure
- Presentations of own project ideas
- Questions & answers
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
Day 6 – Excursion
Excursion and other external cultural activities.
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs;
- Teacher trainers;
- Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools.