SUGGESTED ENGLISH PROFICIENCY LEVEL: ELEMENTARY OR INTERMEDIATE
Do you need to improve your English? This course is for you!
As a participant, you will attend 20 hours of morning sessions of our partner Language School in a class composed by other teachers and students. Classes will be tailored to your language competences and needs: you can start your exploration with us if you are a beginner or you can dig deeper into the most problematic and interesting issues if your level is more advanced. In addition, only teachers will take part to afternoon activities focusing on local culture and history.
The English Language and Culture Course will bring a gust of fresh air in your profession. By its end, you will have expanded your knowledge about English language by observing and absorbing authentic communication practices, supported by local professional tutors. Furthermore, by stepping into a student’s shoes, you will have observed a class from a different perspective, and you will be more ready to reflect on your profession, and possibly modify your professional attitudes.
This English Language and Culture Course for teachers will help the participants to:
- Improve their English;
- Immerse themselves in Irish history and culture;
- Engage in fun classes on real-world contents supported by local professional tutors;
- Acquire first-hand experience as a student to reflect on their professional attitude as a teacher.
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
- Headteachers, principals, and managers of schools;
- Higher education institution staff;
- Teachers & school staff: pre-school level; primary level; secondary level;
- Teachers & school staff: adults.
Head teacher of Languages Courses: Sheila Corwin
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.