Concept by: Iacopo Falciani
SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: BASIC
The course will move from an introduction of the new technological world, towards a practical application of different social media programs. Emphasis will be placed on the most popular social media and on their potential in educational settings. Teachers will be provided with a wide range of practical teaching activities to enable them to make their classes more effective and enjoyable. At the same time, we will move from the negative aspects and dangers that technology can hide, such as Cyberbullying, to its positive side, and the responsible and useful usage of these tools.
By the end of the course, you will be able to “speak” the same language of the new generations of students and have a clearer understanding of their world by enhancing engagement and improving the communication between students and teachers.
New generations of students have available to them a tremendous amount of information and possibilities, and today’s’ teachers can help and guide them in exploiting the Web in a positive way.
The course will help the participants to:
- Get to know the general theories about technology and social media
- Know the most dangerous consequences of technology in our lives, (including Cyberbullying and Addictions to Technology)
- Understand more deeply, what it means to be a teenager in the Digital Age
- Understand the positive aspects of social media: how can we implement social media in our classroom in order to enhance the students’ engagement and strengthen the communication with them, focusing on 3 categories of social media: classroom management, video lessons, quizzes.
- Learn how students can positively use technology in their own private life, to understand the world and express their talents.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counselors;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of ICT Courses: Iacopo Falciani
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.