Concept by: Roberta Begliomini
Today’s digital transformation has driven our new world reality, leading to an evolution in how students perceive knowledge and use different kinds of media. Following this change, teaching systems are moving from traditional teaching-centered approaches to more student-centered methods, where the instructor must be prepared to create interactive and fun activities to capture students’ attention and produce an innovative class environment.
This course will introduce a variety of learning activities based on communication strategies used in marketing campaigns to foster student engagement in your lessons and promote their knowledge retention. Participants will learn, for instance, how to teach students to build mindmaps to memorize key concepts, or how to prompt students to focus on storytelling to improve their presentation and oral skills. The course will also propose creative ways to use social media and Lego Serious Play (LSP) to stimulate students’ interest and teamwork spirit, respectively.
By the end of the course, participants will have a creative portfolio of exercises and will be able to use them according to their lesson objectives, responding more efficiently to the actual students’ learning needs. Significantly, the communication tools the course offers will make your students’ learning experience more effective not only towards your subject of study but also for their future professional lives.
Participants to the course will learn to:
- Construct Mindmaps for different learning purposes;
- Develop creative thinking by using the Work Breakdown Structure (WSB);
- Use brainstorming to conduct debating activities;
- Use storytelling to develop students’ communication and presentation skills;
- Identify profiles on Instagram and Facebook and channels on Youtube to complement class activities and increase students’ engagement;
- Apply Lego Serious Play (LSP) to create group work exercises;
- Create playful activities through collage.
- Headteachers, principals, and managers of schools;
- Teachers & school staff: (pre-school level, primary level, secondary level);
- Teachers & school staff: vocational.
Head teacher of classroom management courses: Ilaria Barbieri
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.