This course, focused on both teaching and technology, has been created for teachers who want to learn more about managing an effective and up to date classroom that encourages participation and engaged learning using the latest techniques and classroom tools.
Teachers will learn more about managing a classroom through reflection, teacher observation, and case scenarios. Through interactive and engaging activities participants will learn how to establish classroom rules, provide clear instructions, monitor, develop rapport, incorporate pair and group work, and gain tips for encouraging students to reflect on their own classroom behavior. Assessment and evaluation will also be addressed along with the incorporation of student portfolios, rubrics, and presentation strategies.
Participants will also have the chance to focus and practice how to manage an up-to-date classroom through the use of new tools and technology: Edmodo, Google and Microsoft Educational Apps, Online Quizzes and many others.
By the end of the course participants will be aware of strengths and weaknesses of many different ICT tools and will know how to exploit them in the classroom in a safe and useful way. This deepening in teaching and technology will allow them to enhance their students’ engagement and to improve communication within the class.
Participants to the course will learn to:
- Manage a classroom effectively by establishing rules with logical consequences;
- Deal with difficult behaviors by working on collaborative solutions;
- Give clear instructions, organize pair and group work, and develop positive relationships;
- Motivate learners and get them to reflect on their behavior;
- Organize and plan for a Flipped Classroom experience;
- Assess students and provide feedback using portfolios, rubrics, and other forms;
- Use different educational apps in class, providing students with the best learning experience.
- Acquire a general overview of the many educational possibilities of using educational apps and the motivational dimension brought to the classroom when using them.
- Be able to choose the most suitable ones according to students’ needs.
- Master of social media, games and quiz apps.
- Foster students’ creativity and improve studying techniques using apps.
- Apps to structure information, to better analyze, comprehend, synthesize, recall and generate new ideas.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of School Innovation Courses: Alessandro Pumpo
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.