This course introduces participants into different ways of understanding and teaching creativity and arts, taking the best of the positive impact of Audio-visual production and art-related activities on their wellbeing.
During the first week the course will take a multidisciplinary approach to art and creativity. The course will analyse the creative process from a broader perspective, considering how creativity works at different ages and in different contexts. Participants will be involved in an active learning process, also focusing on personal experience and self-expression, combining cognitive and emotional elements to make the learning process easier and ensure long-lasting retention of the new knowledge.
During the second week, participants will focus on how audio-visual tools can support students and teachers’ involvement: participants will actively learn how to create and adapt audio-visual resources (photos, movies, music clips, documentaries, new videos…) to teach their subjects in a more effective way. All this helps students to absorb and retain ideas, and in the development of communicative, critical, social and creative skills.
Guided city tours and 1 full day cultural excursion (usually on Saturday) will also be part of the programme.
|The course will help the participants to:|
- Be able to write a plot and a script for a video project in accordance with teaching objectives;
- Know how to manage students’ teamwork to create a script and a video;
- Be familiar with basic techniques for video-shooting, editing photos and videos, dub and add subtitles in a creative manner using web tools;
- Make use of art and psychology of art theory and practice in a productive way;
- Maintain students’ attention and motivation throughout a creative class and learning process;
- Improve creative attitude and stimulate lateral thinking through group and individual exercises.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of arts and wellbeing courses: Susan Gagliano
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.