When it comes to CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning), educators often find themselves fighting with a common hurdle: the intricate task of planning and securing authentic resources.
This course delves into the potential of integrating AI (artificial intelligence) tools in your school’s CLIL program, making resource acquisition and content delivery more efficient and effective.
AI can significantly enhance both educators’ and learners’ CLIL experience.
This course explores the fundamentals and practical applications of AI in the context of CLIL, both from a teacher’s perspective and from the learners. Participants will discover how to optimize their professional growth by efficiently leveraging AI for activity planning, curriculum development, and resource creation.
Furthermore, AI can facilitate the creation of rubrics and assessments, automate grading processes, foster teacher collaboration, and enable self-reflection for continuous professional development.
Participants will have access to a variety of AI tools and platforms that they can use in their own context. They will be able to provide personalized learning experiences, including interactive games, quizzes, chatbots, and feedback systems to enhance student motivation and engagement.
Additionally, the course encourages discussions on data privacy, parent communication, and ethical dilemmas associated with AI use, providing strategies to mitigate potential challenges.
By the end of the course, participants will possess the knowledge and confidence to embrace AI’s transformative role in education, proactively using its potential for the benefit of their schools and students, to make CLIL learning easier and better than ever before.
This inclusive course welcomes individuals interested in or currently engaged in CLIL teaching, regardless of their experience level. No prior knowledge of AI is necessary.
The course will help the participants to:
- Understand the principles and potential of AI in CLIL teaching and learning;
- Apply AI tools and techniques to develop impactful and engaging CLIL units and lessons;
- Assess the influence of AI on CLIL learning outcomes and deliver constructive feedback;
- Reflect on their school’s CLIL program and their own teaching practices to identify areas for improvement;
- Engage in collaborative discussions with fellow CLIL educators, sharing experiences and insights;
- Enhance their confidence in utilizing AI to meet their personal and institutional goals.
Day 1 – What is AI and how can it help CLIL?
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external activities;
- Icebreaker activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools;
- Understanding AI in the context of CLIL;
- Examples of some AI tools and their applications in CLIL;
- Practical exercises – exploring AI in CLIL.
Day 2 – How to use AI tools to design and deliver CLIL lessons
- Case studies: successful AI integration in CLIL;
- Creating AI-enhanced CLIL materials;
- Developing AI-supported CLIL lessons;
- Hands-on practice – developing AI-enhanced materials;
- Ethical debate, sharing, and feedback.
Day 3 – Empowering students with AI: guidance, correction, and practice in CLIL
- Empowering Students with AI in CLIL;
- Utilizing AI for student practice and corrections;
- Group activities – integrating student-centered AI approaches;
- Boosting student engagement and motivation with AI;
- Promoting inclusivity through AI integration.
Day 4 – How to use AI to assess and improve CLIL learning outcomes
- AI-enhanced assessment methods;
- Using AI for real-time feedback and improvement;
- Group discussion – creating AI-enhanced assessments;
- Case studies: enhanced learning outcomes with AI.
Day 5 – Optimizing CLIL teaching skills through AI integration
- Professional development with AI;
- Fostering collaborative AI-enhanced teaching strategies;
- Nurturing AI-enhanced CLIL teaching skills.
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.