A 2 week teacher training seminar within the framework of the ERASMUS+ Program.
This training will focus on 21st Century Teaching Skills such as competence-based education, soft-skills development and creativity.
Participants will explore issues and practical ideas connected to problem-solving, cooperation, communication, critical and creative thinking. They will also consider the delicate issue of assessment and will be provided with tools suitable to evaluate complex tasks and high-order skills.
By the end of the course, participants will enjoy having a set of concrete ideas on how to integrate new approaches into lessons and they will be inspired to apply new strategies to boost high-order skills in their students, as well as to develop visual and creative competences.
The schedule describes likely activities but may differ significantly based on the requests of the participants, and the trainer delivering the specific session. Course modifications are subject to the trainer’s discretion. If you would like to discuss a specific topic, please indicate it at least 4 weeks in advance.
Day 1 – Course introduction & setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities.
- Icebreaker activities using drama for trust and ensemble building.
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations.
- The past, the present, the future: society, individuals, old and new needs.
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
Day 2 – Learning styles
Key Competences in Schools and Learning Styles.
Day 3 – Critical thinking
Supporting problem-solving, cooperation, communication, reasoning and arguing in evidence, critical thinking.
Day 4 – Applying approaches
Applying student-centred approaches to different subjects. Case studies and examples across Europe. Managing pair and group work.
Day 5 – Student evaluation
Assessment: are marks threatening for students? Evaluating students: teacher-, peer- and autoassessment. Providing feedback. Conclusion and Certificates of Attendance.
Day 6 – Round up & Cultural activities
- Round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion.
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.
Day 7 – Rest day
Day 8 – Get creative
Motivation and Serious Games; Creative Thinking and Mapping
Day 9 – New strategies
New Methologies in Teaching Student centred tasks.
Day 10 – Visual materials
Visual Resources in Education: VTS. Looking for online visual materials: Google, Youtube, Wordclouds.
Day 11 – Assessment types
Managing pair and group work; Types of Assessment (teacher, p2p, self). Portfolios and online tools.
Day 12 – Presentations & course closure
- Presenting and evaluating presentations. Providing feedback. Conclusion and Certificates of Attendance.
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion.
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance.