Are you an enterprising teacher? Are you a curious student? This course in Italian Language and Culture is for you! It will give you the chance to taste real Italian language, and to dive into Italian culture, beyond academic versions or stereotypes. Moreover, it will bring a gust of fresh air in your profession: by stepping into a student’s shoes, you will observe new methods and critically reassess your professional attitudes.
You will have the opportunity to attend language courses and seminars about Italian culture. The former include 40 hours morning sessions tailored to your language competences and needs: you can start your exploration with us if you are a beginner or you can dig deeper into the most problematic and interesting issues if your level is advanced. In the afternoon, you will take part in cultural activities, guided tours and excursions about Italian Culture.
By the end of this course, you will have expanded your knowledge about Italian language and culture by observing and absorbing authentic communication practices directly on the spot, supported by local professional tutors. Your school-kit will be enriched with new tools to teach: you will be able to reflect on your profession in a more critical, productive and enthusiastic way, to compare different learning and teaching practices and to choose the one that best fits your inclinations.
- 6 Florence/Verona Guided Tours
- 2 Italian Cooking Lessons
- 1 day Tuscan/ Veneto Excursion. The excursion for the courses in Florence can be chosen among:
- Siena, San Gimignano & Chianti;
- Monteriggioni, Siena and Chianti Wine Tasting.
The course will help the participants to:
- Improve their fluency and accuracy in Italian;
- Become more comfortable with teaching in Italian to non-native Italian speakers;
- Learn about the Italian culture;
- Acquire direct experience of learning activities that involve the four basic skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) into their classrooms.