A 1 Week Erasmus+ Teacher Training course about the Finnish school national curriculum, available in Florence.
The course has been created for teachers, and other school staff members, interested in promoting student centered learning and cross-curricular teaching in their work, also with the support of ICT solutions. The course frame has been designed based on the Finnish national curriculum which is highly known for its good results. The course trainers come from Finland and have versatile, hands-on experiences. They can provide examples on how to organize school work from an innovative perspective.
The course aims to give practical ideas on how to be student-centered educators, as well as to manage interdisciplinarity and the use of ICT in everyday teaching. The core of this course is exploring how we can make students more motivated and interested in learning.
During the course participants dig deeper into the following topics following the Finnish model: how to activate and inspire students and place them into the center of the learning process; how to break the barriers between the school subjects; how school can foster the development of students higher order competences; how ICT can be an asset for teachers in all this. During the course the use of ICT will be explored from different perspectives: a tool for learning, teaching, evaluating and collaborating.
By the end of the course participants will have acquired a great deal of knowledge on the Finnish way of teaching, as well as insights in the use of ICT to promote students’ active learning and 360 degrees growth.
Follow the calendar of the upcoming confirmed course sessions on our Facebook Page
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs); Teacher trainers; Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors; Headteachers; principals; managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
course details - Florence
- Schedule: 6 days: Mon - Sat;
- Length of the course: 1 week;
- Number of participants: max. 12;
- Set Dates 2018: 04 - 09 June; 09 - 14 July; 30 July - 04 August; 15 - 20 October;
- Extra curricular activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 480,00