A 1 week teacher training seminar within the framework of the ERASMUS+ Program in Florence
The course offers the opportunity to discover the contemporary side of the city of Florence and at the same time to reveal an experiential approach in teaching and learning about contemporary art.
Understanding contemporary art is somehow harder that understanding traditional art, and from a social and psychological point of view is quite difficult for the viewer to perceive meanings and objectives immediately.
Avant-guard, Arte Povera, contemporary architecture, visual poetry, trans-avant- gardism and the present-day tendencies of figurative art will be presented and explore through special visits in contemporary art museums, galleries, and artists studios, such as Museo Marino Marini, Palazzo della Musica, Museo Novecento, Poggiali Forconi Gallery, Aria Art Gallery, Santo Ficara Gallery, Clet Studio etc, that nowadays offer a complete XXth century Italian and Florentine contemporary art panorama.
By the end of the course teachers will learn how to teach contemporary art in a playful and meaningful way, considering relevant contents and creative processes underneath. Teachers will be asked to design an interactive contemporary art program for their students considering given topics and objectives.
The will also learn to actively maintain students’ attention and motivation throughout the class, and improve their own creative attitude towards contemporary art through a simple series of group and individual exercises around the city.
Participants will be involved in an active learning process, also focusing on personal experience and self-expression, combining cognitive and emotional elements to make the learning process easier and ensure long-lasting retention of the new knowledge.
Follow the calendar of the upcoming confirmed course sessions on our Facebook Page
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs; Teacher trainers; Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors; - Headteachers; principals; managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
course details - Florence
- Schedule: 1 week; Mon - Sat;
- Length of the course: 1 week;
- Set Dates 2018: 19 - 24 March; 16 - 21 April; 21 - 26 May; 18 - 23 June; 16 - 21 July; 20 - 25 August; 17 - 22 September; 15 - 20 October; 19 - 24 November;
- Included in the program: Guided Tours and Museum Entrances;
- Price: € 480,00